Cold brewed coffee has picked up in popular this year because of hte low acidity and full flavour it offers, without the heat that makes people sweat on hot summer days. Here are a few simple steps for a delicious, convenient, cold brewed coffee.
- Grind the beans for a drip coffee, the grinds should be just about 1mm in size.
- Add coffee to your 1L whipping siphon with 3 charges, then gently swirl the coffee siphon in an upright position. Make sure not to shake it however, so that grounds don’t become stuck.
- Place the siphon in the fridge for at least 2 hours to allow for extraction.
- While holding it upright, slowly release pressure from the siphon by depressing the lever. Unscrew the lid and pour into a coffee filter to catch the grounds.
- Dilute the drink with milk and sugar as desired, or drink straight. Refrigerate unused portion.
This coffee should be concentrated enough that you can get multiple cups from it. Roughly 100g of coffee beans should be used per 500mL that will make about 400mL brew.